Repiping a Vintage House Offers Years Of Well-Conditioned Pipes
A vintage house may be charming, but its plumbing system may not be the best, especially if it hasn’t been repiped. The older the piping system, the higher the chances of corrosion and damage to the house.
In other words, you should always consider an Agra repiping if you live in an older house and you haven’t changed its piping system before.
Take a look at the recommendations below to understand the importance of repiping. This way, you can maintain your house in good condition for a longer time.
Common Signs For Repiping
If your house is 50 years old or older, it may have galvanized pipes. These pipes require repiping because they corrode easily, meaning that you could have one or more leaks at home. The risk of a pipe bursting is higher when the pipe is too old.
Low water pressure, brown water, and multiple leaks are only some of the signs that indicate your house needs repiping. Stay alert to these signs so that you can contact a professional ASAP:
- Leaking Pipes: If your pipes are leaking and you see water discoloration, repiping the entire house is mostly necessary.
- Low or High Water Pressure: Water pressure should remain consistent over time. Otherwise, it may indicate an issue with your piping system, and it may need a replacement.
- Corrosion In Your Pipes: If you see rust or corrosion damage in your pipes, it’s time to repipe the house with a trusted Bellflower repiping plumber.
- Colored Water: Red or brown water indicates there’s a problem with the pipes. The most common problem for this is corrosion, which is the usual sign of replacement.
- Noisy Pipes: Old pipes often sound loud or creaky. These sounds are another indicator for repiping, so do not overlook them.
Average Lifespan Of Each Pipe Material
As we mentioned earlier, the age of the pipes is one of the strongest signs that determine if your house needs repiping. Here’s a small chart with the average lifespan for each pipe material:
- Galvanized Steel: 50 years
- Brass: 40 – 70 years (it could be more if you take care of them properly)
- Copper: Over 50 years if you take care of them properly
- Cast Iron: 75 – 100 years
- Plastic (PVC, CPVC, PEX): Indefinitely
How Is The Repiping Process?
Repiping doesn’t have to be messy. Most plumbers use a technique that only removes small parts in the wall to access the pipes that carry water to the home. The time required for repiping varies depending on the size of the house.
Keep in mind that the specialist should have valid permits before starting the job in your house. Any Buena Park repiping company should work with these permits because they guarantee you receive a professional and qualified repiping job.
The old pipes are replaced with galvanized, copper, or PEX pipes. These new pipes are flexible, quiet, and resistant, so they have a longer life expectancy.
Repiping Is Usually Non-invasive
The process to replace your old pipes with new ones is minimally invasive. It won’t disrupt your house as much as you think.
The plumber cuts the area carefully to damage as little drywall as possible. This way, the plumber can repair the damage easily once the repiping process is ready. Plus, you’ll be able to stay at home for the process without feeling uncomfortable (in most cases, the water can be turned on in one day).
An Effective ROI
Think of this process as a long-term investment. Leaky pipes wreak havoc on your home and water supply, so they should be replaced as soon as possible. By replacing them on time, you won’t have to spend a lot of money on worse damages (for example, cracked walls due to excess moisture).
Replacing the pipes on time will help you save money. Additionally, it will ensure your house is in good condition.
Consult Your Options With A California Repiping Company
Are you having constant plumbing problems? Are you getting high water bills, low water pressure, or rusty tasting water? If the answer is “yes”, it’s time to contact a top-rated California repiping company.
At Integrity Repipe, we can solve any issues you have with your piping and plumbing system. From PEX repiping to pinhole leaks, we guarantee the most reliable and efficient solution to make your pipes resistant and long-lasting. Contact us now by phone or email and receive a FREE estimate!
Published by – Integrity Repipe Inc
Integrity Repipe Inc – Aliso Viejo, CA
27068 La Paz Rd #771
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656